Guidance for Repatriation of the deceased from the UK
Kindly note that in case of the repatriation of a body from the UK to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis, the UK funeral home/director must contact a local funeral director/home within the Federation.
Copies of the mentioned documents below, should be notarized by a Legal Professional and forwarded to the local funeral director, who would then process the documents, through the Ministry of Health, via the Basseterre Health Centre.
Please note the following required documents:
- Original copy of the Death Certificate
- Embalming Certificate
- Burial transit permit
- Human remains shipping information that would specify the date and time of arrival of the deceased and the Airline
- Government Issued Photo ID of the deceased
- Free from Infection and disease certificate
- Coffin sealing certificate.